BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The second bailout for Greece, totaling $173 billion, leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Tuesday, Feb. 21.
Tuesday's 5 Biggest Stories
Greece wins a second, $173 billion bailout from the rest of Europe. So how soon until we start this process again for a third bailout? [Bloomberg]
Italian and Spanish yields fall after the Greek rescue announcement. But with Portugal missing out, the gains could be fleeting. [Reuters]
European stocks, meanwhile, aren't doing anything today. Buy the rumor, sell the news. [MarketWatch]Oh, by the way, Greece's debt load could become 160% of GDP by 2020 and would require more relief. [Reuters] The Russell 2000 Index, which measures small-cap stocks, is near an all-time high. This comes as investors are yanking cash from small-cap funds. [WSJ]
Company NewsAre you a fan of the mild winter we're having? So is Home Depot (HD), along with the company's shareholders. [CNBC] More on Apple (AAPL) and that special dividend. [MarketWatch] Pfizer (PFE) is reportedly thinking of a part-IPO of its animal health division to raise $3 billion. [FT]
Odds and EndsNo, seriously, should we start worrying about inflation yet? [Time] Happy Tuesday! Here's a Yeah Yeah Yeahs song to kick off your holiday-shortened week. [YouTube] -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV