On Feb. 16, Wells Fargo Institutional Retirement and Trust (IRT) began promoting “America Saves Week” via the Wells Fargo Twitter account (@Ask_WellsFargo). America Saves Week, an annual event coordinated by America Saves and the America Savings Education Council, was established in 2007 and includes participation from nearly 2,000 nonprofit, government and corporate organizations. It was designed primarily to help people take manageable steps toward their savings goals. This year, America Saves Week takes place February 19-26.
The messages on @Ask_WellsFargo will continue through the end of this week, with two tweets appearing per day. The messages will focus on the importance of retirement planning and will provide followers with savings guidelines, tips, and facts. They will also promote a number of helpful savings calculators and tools found on the Wells Fargo Retirement Plan Website.
Some of the sample tweets that will be featured as part of the upcoming America Saves Week campaign include:
- #TIP: Don’t wait to save. America Saves Week is coming. Use our calc to see what waiting to save may cost: http://wfb.com/NzMwMQ
- We understand that saving isn’t always easy. Take a few mins to find ways to invest for your future: http://cot.ag/zOgm3y
- #TIP: While retired, many experts suggest you may need 80% of the income you earned just before retiring.
“Our research shows that Americans are critically under-saving for retirement, a huge problem at the personal and national level,” said Laurie Nordquist, Director of Wells Fargo IRT. “We want people to think about producing a nest egg that will replace 80% of their pre-retirement income. And we continue to look for innovative ways to make retirement planning top-of-mind. It’s exciting to take part in America Saves Week 2012 and connect with followers through Twitter.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV