Legg Mason Inc. Stock Upgraded (LM)
- LM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, LM has a quick ratio of 2.32, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 399.03% to $165.51 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, LEGG MASON INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 146.67%.
- Despite the weak revenue results, LM has outperformed against the industry average of 43.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 13.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- LEGG MASON INC has exprienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, LEGG MASON INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.66 versus $1.32 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 13.3% in earnings ($1.44 versus $1.66).
- The gross profit margin for LEGG MASON INC is rather low; currently it is at 22.30%. Regardless of LM's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 4.40% trails the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.