NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.
Among his posts this week, Kass provided an update to his "stock of the decade," reiterated why he was short Treasury bonds and explained why some seemingly disappointing economic headlines concealed strength.
Please click here for information about subscribing to RealMoney Pro.
More on Altisource
Originally published on Friday, Feb. 17 at 12:07 p.m. EST. Speaking of Altisource Portfolio Solutions (ASPS), my stock of the decade, I was not alone in suggesting the shares of the company. Serious kudos go to Jim 'El Capitan' Cramer who also highlighted Altisource at $22 a share on CNBC's 'Mad Money' back in January 2010 > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll Let's go to the tape of that 'Mad Money' segment back more than two years ago. Altisource's shares are currently up by nearly $4, to an all-time high this morning, and it's the second-biggest gainer on any true volume. At the time of original publication, Kass was long ASPS.
Why I'm Short Bonds
Originally published on Friday, Feb. 17 at 8:15 a.m. EST.
- a reallocation out of bonds and into stocks (after five years of the opposite trend!);
- improving high-frequency economic statistics in the U.S.; and
- A dissipation of the flight to safety premium in fixed income.
Originally published on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 7:54 a.m. EST.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV