NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Doug Kass of Seabreeze Partners is known for his accurate stock market calls and keen insights into the economy, which he shares with RealMoney Pro readers in his daily trading diary.
Among his posts this week, Kass provided an update to his "stock of the decade," reiterated why he was short Treasury bonds and explained why some seemingly disappointing economic headlines concealed strength.
Please click here for information about subscribing to RealMoney Pro.
More on Altisource
Originally published on Friday, Feb. 17 at 12:07 p.m. EST. Speaking of Altisource Portfolio Solutions (ASPS), my stock of the decade, I was not alone in suggesting the shares of the company. Serious kudos go to Jim 'El Capitan' Cramer who also highlighted Altisource at $22 a share on CNBC's 'Mad Money' back in January 2010 > > Bull or Bear? Vote in Our Poll Let's go to the tape of that 'Mad Money' segment back more than two years ago. Altisource's shares are currently up by nearly $4, to an all-time high this morning, and it's the second-biggest gainer on any true volume. At the time of original publication, Kass was long ASPS.
Why I'm Short Bonds
Originally published on Friday, Feb. 17 at 8:15 a.m. EST.
- a reallocation out of bonds and into stocks (after five years of the opposite trend!);
- improving high-frequency economic statistics in the U.S.; and
- A dissipation of the flight to safety premium in fixed income.
Originally published on Thursday, Feb. 16 at 7:54 a.m. EST.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV