Best Business Lessons From George Washington
NEW YORK ( MainStreet) -- As we celebrate President's Day, it makes sense to look back in history to find one of the best examples of a great leader -- George Washington, our nation's first president.
Washington would have celebrated his 280th birthday on Wednesday. His contributions, first as the commander-in-chief to free America from Britain's grip in the American Revolutionary War and then as our nation's first president, are numerous and immeasurable. The U.S. would not be what it is today without his strong sense of morality and general instinct to do what was right for the country, as opposed to inflating his own ego.
Washington's lessons can be translated to the business world as well. In the fourth installment of advice from the greats, the national hero joins a growing group of legends -- Apple's (AAPL) Steve Jobs, Warren Buffet and Joe Paterno.
Here are three lessons Washington can offer the business world:1. Lead by example.
"What's really interesting about
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV