Rovi (ROVI) is focused on powering the discovery and enjoyment of digital entertainment by providing a set of integrated solutions that are embedded in its customers' products and services and used by end consumers to simplify and guide their interaction with digital entertainment. This stock is trading up 4.19% at $35.80 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 3.1 millionAverage Volume: 1.8 million Volume % Change: 217% Shares of ROVI are advancing nicely to the upside today after the company reported a loss in the fourth quarter driven by higher costs. From a technical perspective, ROVI has started to trigger a breakout trade today since the stock has started to move above some near-term overhead resistance at $35 on monster volume. This move now pushed ROVI back into a gap down area from last November. Traders should continue to look for long-biased trades in ROVI as long as the stock can close above $35, and not too far off its daily high of $37.75. Look for ROVI to trend back towards its 200-day average of $43.04 in the near future, if we get a strong close today. Rovi, which shows up on a list of 13 Tech Stocks to Buy in 2012, was also featured recently in "5 Eurozone Technical Setups for Breakout Gains."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV