First Solar (FSLR) manufactures and sells solar modules with an advanced thin-film semiconductor technology. This stock is trading up 6.6% at $42.36 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 7.1 millionAverage Volume: 4.4 million Volume % Change: 156% From a technical perspective, FSLR is gapping up strong today with big volume right off its 50-day moving average of $39.44. Traders should now watch for FSLR to close near its daily highs to signal that the stock wants to trend much higher. At last check, the stock has hit a daily high of $45.20, and its currently trading at around $43.60, which is well of that high. If we get a stronger close, then look for FSLR to re-test its next significant overhead resistance level of $50.20. First Solar shows up on an end-of-year list of 19 S&P 500 Laggards That Could Be Leaders in 2012 and as of the end of January was one of the 10 Best-Performing S&P 500 Stocks so Far in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV