Vivus (VVUS) is engaged in development and commercialization of therapeutic drugs for large underserved markets, including obesity and related morbidities, such as sleep apnea and diabetes and men's sexual health. The stock is trading up 2.9% at $11.51 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 7.4 millionAverage Volume: 2.1 million Volume % Change: 430% >>5 Stocks Poised for Breakouts From a technical perspective, VVUS spiked down huge yesterday from around $13 to a low of $10.12 on huge volume. That massive selloff basically filled a gap higher from last month. The stock has now regained its 50-day moving average today of $11.22 on big volume. Traders should now look to play the next major breakout for VVUS that will trigger once it takes out $13.18 to $13.68 with volume. Look for long biased trades in VVUS on a move over $13.18 to $13.68 where volume is near or well above 2.1 million shares.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV