Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN) is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of treatments for infectious diseases. The stock is trading up 23.4% at $10.80 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 5 millionAverage Volume: 1.4 million Volume % Change: 401% >>5 Biotech Stocks for 2012 Shares of ACHN are soaring today after Gilead Sciences (GILD) reported disappointing trial results for its experimental hepatitis C drug. Shares of ACHN, along with Vertex Pharmaceutical (VRTX) and Idenix Pharmaceutical (IDIX), are ripping higher because they are rival hepatitis C drug developers to Gilead. From a technical perspective, ACHN is gapping up huge today on monster volume back above its 50-day moving average of $9.34. Traders should now watch for a sustained high-volume move and close near its daily high of $11.14 to signal that ACHN wants to trend much higher. At last check, the stock is trading at $10.80 and volume is well above its average of 1.4 million shares. If we get that strong close today, then traders should continue to look for long biased trades that take this stock back towards its next major overhead resistance levels at $12.46 to $12.95 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV