- Increased production at the Monaca, PA smelter combined with results from Zochem, which was acquired on November 1, 2011, resulted in a 33% increase in shipment of zinc products compared to the prior year fourth quarter and an 18% increase compared to the third quarter of 2011;
- Increased melting productivity at INMETCO compared with the fourth quarter of 2010 substantially offsetting the impact of a 15 day planned annual maintenance outage taken in October 2011.
- An 18% decline in the price of zinc and a 22% decline in the price of nickel compared to the fourth quarter of 2010;
- Transaction and other charges related to the Zochem acquisition of $1.0 million.
Horsehead Holding Corp. Announces Fourth Quarter 2011 Earnings
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.