The NRC said staff and management at Constellation Energy Nuclear Group's plants would remain unchanged when Exelon takes over. The deal has already been approved by the Justice Department, both companies' shareholders and New York and Texas regulators.
Constellation's nuclear division operates reactors in Maryland and New York, and both companies own plants in Texas, where Constellation also markets power and gas. Maryland regulators are expected to announce whether the state will give approval to the deal Friday.
Anglo-American is another poplar search as the mining company posted record operating profit for 2011 on strength from its coal and diamond operations. The company reported operating profit of $11.1 billion, a 14% increase from a year before. The company noted three major projects completed in 2011 -- a South African iron ore mine, expansion of a Chilean copper mine and nickel operations in Brazil. The company also reported operating profit for its biggest sector -- iron ore and manganese -- rose 23%. Anglo American said its long-term outlook for its diversified mix of commodities remains strong.
Qnexa is trending as the diet drug is being reviewed by the Federal Drug Administration after the agency rejected the drug in 2010. The FDA, which rejected the drug amid safety concerns, including risk of birth defects and cardiovascular problems, is now being presented with additional data from the drug's manufacturer Vivus (VVUS). If the FDA approves the drug, it will be the first new prescription diet pill in 13 years. The FDA is expected to release its analysis of the new data on Qnexa on Friday.
The chatter on Main Street (a.k.a. Google, Yahoo! and other search sites) is always of interest to investors on Wall Street. Thus, each day, TheStreet compiles the stories that are trending on the Web, and highlights the news that could make stocks move. -- Written by Brittany Umar.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV