MedAssets Inc. Stock Upgraded (MDAS)
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 59.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 50.0%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 239.01% to $38.38 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, MEDASSETS INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 49.57%.
- The gross profit margin for MEDASSETS INC is currently very high, coming in at 79.80%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -0.70% is in-line with the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 2.19 and currently higher than the industry average, implying that there is very poor management of debt levels within the company. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.46, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Technology industry and the overall market, MEDASSETS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts