Devon Energy Corp Stock Upgraded (DVN)
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 25.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.46, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.25, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for DEVON ENERGY CORP is rather high; currently it is at 61.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 19.60% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 61.83% to $2,010.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, DEVON ENERGY CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -18.45%.
- DEVON ENERGY CORP has improved earnings per share by 17.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DEVON ENERGY CORP reported lower earnings of $5.13 versus $5.26 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.60 versus $5.13).
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts