Best and Worst States for Small Business
Top personal income tax rate: 0%
Top individual capital gains rate: 0%
Top corporate income tax rate: 0%
Top corporate capital gains rate: 0%
Gas tax: 14 cents
Wireless tax: 8 cents
Internet access tax: No
Along with zero income taxes and capital gains taxes, Wyoming boasts no death tax, "very low" gas and diesel taxes, an excellent ranking on highway cost effectiveness and the lowest electric utility costs in the country, the report says.
But along with that comes high property, consumption-based and unemployment taxes and high workers comp expenses for businesses within the Yellowstone State.
Also, spending levels over a five-year period at the state and local level are the highest in the country, even though Wyoming has the second-lowest debt levels, according to the analysis. Federal funding is also above the national average.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV