The stock was last quoted at $8.51, up 13.8%, on volume of nearly 60,000, according to Nasdaq.com.
For the first quarter, SunPower said it sees a non-GAAP loss of 5 to 20 cents a share on revenue ranging from $500 million to $575 million.
Check out TheStreet's quote page for SunPower for year-to-date share performance, analyst ratings, earnings estimates and much more.
Baidu (BIDU) shares were heavily traded in the extended session as well, rising 1% to $143.25 on volume of 2.4 million, after the China-based Internet search provider topped Wall Street's earnings expectations.True to its history, the stock was volatile in late trades, swinging between a high of $148.50 and a low of $136.04. Investors were likely balancing the fourth-quarter beat against Baidu's forecast for first-quarter revenue of between $666.5 million to $688 million, a sequential decline from its fourth-quarter total of $710.9 million. Also active in after the bell was VCA Antech (WOOF), whose stock lost more than 6% to $21.58 on volume of more than 125,000, after the veterinary hospital operator reported a fiscal fourth-quarter adjusted profit of $18.1 million, or 21 cents a share, falling short of the consensus view for earnings of 25 cents a share in the quarter; and Qlik Technologies (QLIK), whose shares tumbled 7.4% to $29 on volume of less than 200,000 after the Radnor, Pa.-based business data analysis software company gave a disappointing outlook for the current quarter, forecasting a non-GAAP loss of 6 to 8 cents a share on revenue of $76 million to $78 million, below the average analysts' estimate for earnings of 2 cents a share on revenue of $80.3 million. --Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV