5. PowerShares DB US Inflation ETN (INFL) seeks to provide exposure to month-over-month returns of the DBIQ Duration-Adjusted Inflation Index. The fund seeks to provide investors with the ability to gain exposure to US inflation expectations as implied by the difference in yields between TIPS and US Treasury bond indexes before a 0.75% expense ratio.
This ETN takes a notional long position in TIPS and a notional short position in US Treasury bonds. If the inflation protected Treasuries outperform normal Treasuries of similar maturity then these ETNs can gain value on the expectation of future inflation. In January, the fund gained 1.5%.As these securities are exchange-traded notes, they are unsecured debt obligations of Deutsche Bank AG, London Branch (DB) subject to the credit risk of the issuer. Other important risks include no protection of principal, concentrated exposure, and the issuer's right to call the securities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV