8 Apps to Perk Up Your Android's Wi-Fi
A smartphone without Wi-Fi - is there such a thing? Using Wi-Fi not only speeds up a phone's ability to stream video and other Internet-related activity, it also doesn't eat up valuable bytes of your data plan.
But if you're not connecting at the fastest rate possible or you're stumbling around on wireless issues, here are some apps that could improve your experience.
There are apps to conserve battery life, switch you to a faster network, log you in automatically at Starbucks and save you from wasting a few tedious milliseconds every day. Try these out and tell me your own favorites. Switch to the strongest signal
If you tend to roam between the same Wi-Fi hotspots, don't get stuck using the hotspot on the other side of the building.Use a hotspot switcher, like Wi-Fi Auto Connect from Green Robot Dev, which automatically switches your mobile device to the fastest available Wi-Fi network already approved on your phone. This isn't a Wi-Fi manager. It simply switches to the strongest signal available and it does so well, and fast. By default, the app scans every 5 seconds in search of a stronger signal. That will drain the battery but it's easily adjustable to less frequent scanning. +Wi-Fi Auto Connect (free).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV