There are approximately 95,000 owners of 2006-2008 Honda Civic Hybrids equipped with what Honda admits are prematurely deteriorating IMA batteries, court documents show.
Under terms of the proposed settlement, Honda would pay a maximum of $9.5 million for the battery issue if every owner claimed the $100 award. Consumers claim the actual repair of the issue for the 95,000 owners will cost more than $332 million.
Attorneys general in California, Iowa, Massachusetts, Texas and Washington have asked San Diego County Superior Court Judge Timothy Taylor to give the states until February 29th to review the settlement. Judge Taylor has the ability to approve or reject the settlement.
Consumers who would like to learn more about the proposed settlement can contact Hagens Berman by calling (206) 623-7292 or by emailing HondaClass@hbsslaw.com. More information is also available at www.hbsslaw.com/honda-civic-hybridAbout Hagens Berman Seattle-based Hagens Berman Sobol Shapiro LLP is one of the top class-action law firms in the nation, with offices in ten cities throughout the United States. Founded in 1993, the firm represents plaintiffs in class actions and multi-state, large-scale litigation that seek to protect the rights of investors, consumers, workers and whistleblowers. More general information about the firm is available at www.hbsslaw.com. Media Contact: Mark Firmani, Firmani + Associates Inc., 206.443.9357 or firstname.lastname@example.org SOURCE Hagens Berman
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV