By the way, Teva (TEVA) and BioSante have not disclosed the exact royalty rate on Libigel sales except to say that it's mid-single digits.
Bob H.'s email is more indicative of the response I've received about BioSante this week:
"Wow, you are a [bleep]ing [bleep]! Pretty clear you [bleep]ing some [bleep], you [bleep]ing [bleep]. Go [bleep] yourself -- nobody likes you."
I did post the uncensored and clearly NSFW version of Bob's email to my Twitter feed for those who want a laugh.@oncoslearning asks, "What's your take on Exelixis (EXEL) and the impact of their recent stock offering?" The $65 million stock offering, priced at $5.50 per share, probably doesn't do much to enhance Exelixis' credibility with investors. Remember, the company raised money almost a year ago at $11 per share. Deal pricing is going in the wrong direction. Stepping back from the stock offering, Exelixis' experimental prostate cancer drug cabozantinib -- "cabo" for short -- suffers from an identity crisis. Existing cabo data suggest the drug is effective at reducing bone pain in late-stage prostate cancer patients, yet FDA won't allow the drug to be approved based solely on a pain-lowering benefit. Exelixis must show that cabo can prolong survival but where is the evidence the drug can do that? Further clouding cabo's future are competing drugs -- Zytiga, MDV3100, Alpharadin, OGX-011-- that have demonstrated or may demonstrate a survival benefit in prostate cancer patients well before the two phase III studies of cabo are completed. For Exelixis, cabo might be too little, too late. --Written by Adam Feuerstein in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Adam Feuerstein. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/adamfeuerstein. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow TheStreet on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV