Shares of M&T Bank of Buffalo closed at $881.87 Thursday, returning 7% year-to-date.
The shares trade for 2.1 times tangible book value, according to HighlineFI, and for 12 times the consensus 2012 EPS estimate of $6.69.
Based on a quarterly payout of 70 cents, the shares have a dividend yield of 3.46%.The company owes $230 million in federal bailout funds received through the Troubled Assets Relief Program, or TARP, in December 2008, plus an additional $151.5 million in TARP money that was originally provided to Provident Bancshares, which M&T acquired in May 2009. Usdin says the M&T is "well-positioned to post above-average pre-provision income growth (ex. credit expense relief)," and forecasts a 7% increase in pre-provision net revenue during 2012, to $1.6 billion. The analyst expects M&T's net interest margin to expand to 3.68% in 2012, from 3.60% last year. Usdin rates M&T a "Hold," with an $83 price target. Interested in more on M&T Bank? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV