The 1950s ushered in the era of the red carpet and its legion of paparazzi angling for images of the rich and famous. These intrepid lensmen are represented by vintage cameras suspended over the legendary carpet and focused on dazzling Tiffany jewels that are ready for their close-up.
The 1960s inspires a view of Hollywood at home. A sweeping white staircase guarantees a grand entrance. This architectural masterpiece curves around an openwork metal column and ends with a magnificent jewel: Jean Schlumberger’s Fleur de Mer brooch, on view for the first time since the jeweler acquired it from the estate of Elizabeth Taylor. Sparkling in Tiffany’s Fifth Avenue window, this exquisite creation of diamonds and sapphires was a gift from Richard Burton to Elizabeth Taylor in 1965. The brooch appears in photographs of Ms. Taylor at the premiere of The Spy Who Came in From the Cold, in which Burton starred.
The 1970s is characterized by fashion that effortlessly draped the body, with a mix of influences illustrated by orchids and bamboo, along with graphic patterns of black and gold. Tiffany jewelry shines in this eclectic tableau, with elegantly contoured designs of 18 karat gold embellished with diamonds and gemstones.
Rachel Zoe (@RZRachelZoe) will host a Twitter® chat (#TiffanyxRachelZoe) at 1:00 pm EST today, Thursday, February 16, to discuss the windows and her collaboration with Tiffany.TIFFANY, TIFFANY & CO. and T&CO. are trademarks of Tiffany and Company and its affiliates.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV