Red Robin Gourmet Burgers, Inc., (NASDAQ: RRGB), a casual dining restaurant chain focused on serving an innovative selection of high-quality gourmet burgers in a family-friendly atmosphere, today reported financial results for the 12 and 52 weeks ended December 25, 2011.
Financial and Operational Results
During the Company’s fiscal fourth quarter 2011:
- Adjusted earnings per diluted share were $0.28 compared to $0.13 a year ago; GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.20 compared to $0.14 in the fiscal fourth quarter 2010 (See Schedule I)
- Company-owned comparable restaurant gross sales increased 4.8%
- Restaurant-level operating profit margin increased to 19.9% from 17.0% (See Schedule II)
- The Company opened four new company-owned Red Robin® restaurants, including its first Red Robin’s Burger Works™ and one new franchised Red Robin® restaurant
Adjusted net income for the 12 weeks ended December 25, 2011, was $4.1 million compared to $2.0 million earned for the comparable period in fiscal 2010. Adjusted net income excludes $1.2 million of expense and $0.4 million of income in the fiscal fourth quarter 2011 and 2010, respectively, related to asset impairments, restaurant closing and executive transition costs net of taxes as detailed in Schedule I below. GAAP net income during the fiscal fourth quarter 2011 was $2.9 million compared to $2.2 million during the comparable period in fiscal 2010.For the 52 weeks ended December 25, 2011, the Company reported adjusted earnings per diluted share of $1.58 compared to $0.71 in fiscal 2010. Adjusted net income in fiscal 2011 was $24.3 million compared to $11.1 million in 2010 as detailed in Schedule I. GAAP earnings per diluted share for fiscal 2011 amounted to $1.34 compared to $0.46 in 2010. GAAP net income in fiscal 2011 and 2010 was $20.6 million and $7.3 million, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV