Adeona Becomes Synthetic Biologics, Inc.
ANN ARBOR, Mich., Feb. 16, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Adeona Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE Amex: AEN), a developer of synthetic DNA-based therapeutics and innovative disease-modifying medicines for serious illnesses, announced today that it received approval at yesterday's special meeting of stockholders to change its corporate name to Synthetic Biologics, Inc. It is expected that the Company's shares will start trading under its new name and stock ticker symbol, "SYN", effective as of market open today, Thursday, February 16, 2012. Synthetic Biologics' common stock has been assigned a new CUSIP number of 87163U102 in connection with the name change. Outstanding stock certificates are not affected by the name change and will not need to be exchanged.
Following the special meeting, the Company filed an amendment to its Articles of Incorporation with the Nevada Secretary of State to effect the name change.
About Synthetic Biologics, Inc.
Synthetic Biologics is a biotechnology company focused on the development of synthetic DNA-based therapeutics and innovative disease-modifying medicines for serious illnesses. Synthetic Biologics is developing, or has partnered the development of, product candidates to treat pulmonary arterial hypertension, relapses in multiple sclerosis, cognitive dysfunction in multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). For more information, please visit Synthetic Biologics' website at www.syntheticbiologics.com.SOURCE Synthetic Biologics, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV