SAO PAULO, Feb. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UGPA3 / NYSE: UGP), a company engaged in fuel distribution (Ultragaz/Ipiranga), chemicals (Oxiteno) and storage for liquid bulk (Ultracargo), hereby reports its results for the fourth quarter and the year 2011.
We reported in 4Q11 one more quarter of positive results progression, with 9% growth in EBITDA. We ended 2011 achieving record levels of earnings, with 13% growth in EBITDA, which reached R$ 2,011 million, and 12% growth in net earnings over the previous year, despite a less favorable macroeconomic environment.
- ULTRAPAR'S NET SALES REACH R$ 49 BILLION IN 2011
- ULTRAPAR'S EBITDA EXCEEDS R$ 2 BILLION IN 2011, UP 13% OVER 2010
- ULTRAPAR'S NET EARNINGS REACH R$ 855 MILLION IN 2011, UP 12% OVER 2010
- ADDITIONAL DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION OF R$ 273 MILLION APPROVED, RESULTING IN TOTAL DIVIDENDS OF R$ 525 MILLION IN 2011, CORRESPONDING TO A 61% PAYOUT FOR THE YEAR AND A 23% GROWTH OVER 2010
"We are pleased to end one more year of important accomplishments and growth. We reached the 22nd consecutive quarter of growth in Ultrapar's EBITDA, achieving record levels of earnings in the year. Additionally, in 2011, Ultrapar took significant steps to deepen the alignment of interests among all shareholders and to endure its growth through the implementation of a new corporate governance structure. The new structure, combined with Ultrapar's consistent planning and execution and with the features of its businesses – which are partly resilient and partly leveraged on the economic growth – provide visibility for the company to continue its trajectory of expansion and value creation."
Pedro Wongtschowski – CEOResults conference call Brazilian conference call February 17th, 2012 8:00 a.m. (US EST) Sao Paulo – SPTelephone for connection: +55 11 2188 0155Code: Ultrapar International conference call February 17th, 2012 9:30 a.m. (US EST)Participants in Brazil: 0800 891 0015Participants in the USA: 1 877 317 6776International participants: +1 412 317 6776Code: Ultrapar IR Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: + 55 11 3177 7014Website: www.ultra.com.br Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.UGPA3 = R$ 32.01/share (12/29/11)UGP = US$ 17.20/ADR (12/30/11) SOURCE Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV