SAO PAULO, Feb. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Ultrapar Participacoes S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: UGPA3 / NYSE: UGP), a company engaged in fuel distribution (Ultragaz/Ipiranga), chemicals (Oxiteno) and storage for liquid bulk (Ultracargo), hereby reports its results for the fourth quarter and the year 2011.
We reported in 4Q11 one more quarter of positive results progression, with 9% growth in EBITDA. We ended 2011 achieving record levels of earnings, with 13% growth in EBITDA, which reached R$ 2,011 million, and 12% growth in net earnings over the previous year, despite a less favorable macroeconomic environment.
- ULTRAPAR'S NET SALES REACH R$ 49 BILLION IN 2011
- ULTRAPAR'S EBITDA EXCEEDS R$ 2 BILLION IN 2011, UP 13% OVER 2010
- ULTRAPAR'S NET EARNINGS REACH R$ 855 MILLION IN 2011, UP 12% OVER 2010
- ADDITIONAL DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION OF R$ 273 MILLION APPROVED, RESULTING IN TOTAL DIVIDENDS OF R$ 525 MILLION IN 2011, CORRESPONDING TO A 61% PAYOUT FOR THE YEAR AND A 23% GROWTH OVER 2010
"We are pleased to end one more year of important accomplishments and growth. We reached the 22nd consecutive quarter of growth in Ultrapar's EBITDA, achieving record levels of earnings in the year. Additionally, in 2011, Ultrapar took significant steps to deepen the alignment of interests among all shareholders and to endure its growth through the implementation of a new corporate governance structure. The new structure, combined with Ultrapar's consistent planning and execution and with the features of its businesses – which are partly resilient and partly leveraged on the economic growth – provide visibility for the company to continue its trajectory of expansion and value creation."
Pedro Wongtschowski – CEOResults conference call Brazilian conference call February 17th, 2012 8:00 a.m. (US EST) Sao Paulo – SPTelephone for connection: +55 11 2188 0155Code: Ultrapar International conference call February 17th, 2012 9:30 a.m. (US EST)Participants in Brazil: 0800 891 0015Participants in the USA: 1 877 317 6776International participants: +1 412 317 6776Code: Ultrapar IR Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.orgTelephone: + 55 11 3177 7014Website: www.ultra.com.br Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.UGPA3 = R$ 32.01/share (12/29/11)UGP = US$ 17.20/ADR (12/30/11) SOURCE Ultrapar Participacoes S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV