NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Tuesday, meaning with the Presidents' Day holiday on Monday an investor must purchase the shares Friday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Applied Materials (AMAT), Columbia Sportswear (COLM) and Mattel (MAT).
Each of the stocks gets a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
See the complete Dividend Calendar.
Applied MaterialsThe maker of semiconductor capital equipment reported Thursday first-quarter non-GAAP earnings of $117 million, or 18 cents a share, above analysts' expectations of 12 cents a share. "We expect shares to trade in line with industry average P/E as we expect earnings growth over the next 3 years to be in line with industry average earnings growth," Deutsche Bank analysts wrote in a report Thursday. "Upside risks include stronger than expected share gains and a stronger industry upturn resulting in higher P/E multiples. Downside risks include sharper than expected decline in the solar business and a more pronounced downturn in foundry/DRAM segments." Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 2.5% Rated "B (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin decreased from the prior year. Applied Materials is extremely liquid. Its Quick Ratio is 2.78, which shows the company can meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth increased 16.77% from the previous year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $15.14. The stock closed Thursday at $13.21 and has increased 23.34% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV