Updated from 4:49 p.m. ET to include latest share prices, additional information about Blue Nile, Nvidia, and Clearwire.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of NetApp (NTAP) surged in late trades on Wednesday after the Sunnyvale, Calif.-based provider of storage and data management technology products posted in-line results for its fiscal third quarter and gave a solid outlook.
The company reported a non-GAAP profit of $216 million, or 58 cents a share, for the January-ended period on revenue of $1.57 billion, matching the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters.
For its fiscal fourth quarter ending in April, NetApp sees non-GAAP earnings of 60 to 65 cents a share on revenue ranging from $1.65 billion to $1.73 billion. Wall Street's current consensus view is for a profit of 63 cents a share in the current quarter on revenue of $1.68 billion.
Tesla MotorsTesla Motors (TSLA) was surging in the extended session with the electric car maker reported slightly better than expected revenue in its fiscal fourth quarter and said it remains on track to begin deliveries of its Model S vehicles by July. The company posted a non-GAAP loss of $72 million, or 69 cents a share, in the latest three months with revenue totaling $39 million. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for a loss of 63 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $38.5 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV