Manning & Napier, Inc. (NYSE: MN)(“Manning & Napier” or “the Company”) today reported 2011 fourth quarter and full-year results for the period ended December 31, 2011.
- 2011 revenue increased 29.2% year-over-year to $330.0 million
- Economic income, a non-GAAP measure, increased 36.2% to $156.7 million in 2011
- Economic net income, a non-GAAP measure, increased 36.2% to $1.08 per adjusted share in 2011
- AUM at December 31, 2011 was $40.2 billion, with 2011 net client inflows of $4.7 billion
- Successfully completed the Company’s initial public offering, raising proceeds of $163.0 million
- Continued to invest in new products and sales/service team commensurate with strategic plans
- Strategically aligned existing capabilities to address clients’ needs for total retirement solutions
Patrick Cunningham, Manning & Napier’s Chief Executive Officer, commented, “2011 was a year of significant growth at Manning & Napier, culminating in our initial public offering. Despite ongoing market volatility, we were able to grow revenue and economic net income through strong flows to our mutual funds and separate account products. While consumer sentiment and continued success of exchange-traded funds have caused actively managed long-term mutual funds to experience outflows industry wide, we believe the Company’s investment disciplines and diversified product line-up -- including our risk-based and target-date funds, our international equity products and our forthcoming active asset allocation target date collective trusts using underlying exchange-traded funds -- have positioned us well in industry growth segments for continued success.
“However, 2011 was a difficult year in many respects for investors and presented challenges across global economies. We were not immune. For the most part we did not emphasize high dividend-paying stocks that were among the biggest winners in 2011. We were selective in owning attractively valued global growth companies that could continue to gain market share despite slow overall U.S. and developed countries’ economic activity. We think this positions us well for the environment going forward and our long-term performance remains strong and competitive with 78 percent of our mutual fund assets in funds with 4- or 5-star Morningstar ratings as of December 31, 2011.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV