As these two smartphone titans continue to duke it out, stock traders may be tempted to try and pick favorites. However, due to the specific focus of QQQ and EWY, long-term minded ETF investors can have it both ways.
Apple may dominate QQQ's index, but the fund has proved in the past to be an attractive option and suitable choice for those looking to construct a solid core. At this time, I hold the fund in a number of my client portfolios. Meanwhile, when used in small doses, EWY can be a suitable tactical holding when attempting to take aim at stable members of the developing world.
With smartphones becoming increasingly engrained into our everyday lives, companies like Apple, Samsung, Google, and Microsoft appear to be in a strong position to benefit. Utilizing ETFs, it is possible to follow this exciting development while, at the same time maintaining a well-balanced portfolio.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV