Boingo Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: WIFI), the Wi-Fi industry’s leading provider of software and services worldwide, today announced an agreement with ANA - Aeroportos de Portugal, SA to exclusively offer Wi-Fi Internet services for passengers at the 10 largest airports in Portugal.
Boingo was chosen by ANA after an exhaustive RFP process, based on the company’s global leadership in airport Wi-Fi services and progressive approach to delivering value-add services to passengers.
“Boingo brings added value to Internet Wi-Fi services providing a flexible approach to meeting the needs of our passengers and stakeholders,” said Tomaz Magalhães Crespo, ICT Manager for ANA.
“Portugal has recently seen a steady rise in airport passengers, particularly from Germany, the UK, France, Spain, Brazil and US/Canada,” said Luis Serrano, senior vice president of business and corporate development for Boingo Wireless. “Partnering with ANA to better serve and enhance the travel experience for all passengers is paramount to our joint success.”The 10 airports included in the agreement (two of them managed by ANA affiliate ANAM) saw more than 30 million passengers in 2011 with an increase of 6.4%, according to ANA. They include:
- Portela Airport, Lisbon, Portugal (LIS)
- Francisco Sá Carneiro Airport, Porto, Portugal (OPO)
- Faro Airport, Faro, Portugal (FAO)
- Madeira Airport, Funchal, Madeira-ANAM, Portugal (FNC)
- João Paulo II Airport, Ponta Delgada, Azores, Portugal (PDL)
- Horta Airport, Horta, Azores, Portugal (HOR)
- Porto Santo Airport, Porto Santo, Madeira-ANAM, Portugal (PXO)
- Santa Maria Airport, Santa Maria, Portugal (SMO)
- Santa Cruz Airport, Flores Island, Azores, Portugal (FLW)
- Beja Airport, Beja, Portugal (BYJ)