Palomar Medical Technologies
Palomar Medical Technologies (PMTI) designs, manufactures, markets and sells lasers and other light-based products and related disposable items and accessories for use in medical and cosmetic procedures. This stock is trading up 5.9% at $10.20 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 171,000Average Volume: 88,431 Volume % Change: 184% From a technical perspective, PMTI has started to trigger a major breakout trade today now that this stock is moving above some near-term overhead resistance at $9.75 on heavy volume. If this stock can manage to close strong and near its daily highs, or at least solidly above $9.75, then it has a great chance to re-test its next major overhead resistance levels at $11.45 to $12. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV