Another stock that's setting up for a big breakout is Toreador Resources (TRGL), an independent energy firm engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil with interests in developed and undeveloped oil properties in the Paris Basin, France. This stock hasn't done much in 2012, with shares off by around 4.8%, but that could be about to change rapidly.
If you take a look at the chart for Toreador Resources, you'll see that this stock has been in a monster uptrend since it found some big buying interest at around the $2.80 level late last year. Since buyers stepped into the stock around that level, shares of TRGL have soared to its current price of just under $5 a share. Now the stock is starting to flirt with a big breakout since shares are moving above some near-term overhead resistance levels.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV