WINDERMERE, Fla. ( Stockpickr) -- U.S. stocks are stuck in a tight trading range today as market players digest news that China plans to stick to its commitment to invest in the battered eurozone and that European finance ministers were potentially going to delay payments on the latest bailout deal.
China's Central Bank Governor Zhou Xiaochuan said that China would play a role in helping Europe come back from its sovereign debt issues. It sounds like China is waiting until it knows for sure that Greek deal is going to get done before stepping in to the market and making a big capital commitment.
At last check, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was trading lower by 34 points, and the S&P 500 was advancing by 2 points. The tech-heavy Nasdaq was leading the major indices, jumping higher by 15 points. Despite the narrow range in the overall markets, a number of stocks are knocking on the door of major breakouts.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV