3. Shaw Group (SHAW)
Company Profile: The Shaw Group is a provider of construction and infrastructure services to industries like power generation, processing, chemicals and emergency response.SAC Capital's Investment: Cohen's fund bought 1.2 million shares of Shaw Group in the fourth quarter, which had a market value of $32.5 million as of Dec. 31. Share Price Performance: Shaw Group was a dog in 2011, dropping more than 23%. A rebound may be in the offing, with shares up nearly 9% already this year.
2. Michael Kors Holdings (KORS) Company Profile: Named after its fashion designer founder, Michael Kors designs and sells women's apparel and accessories. The company held its IPO the week before the Christmas holiday. SAC Capital's Investment: Cohen's fund bought 1.3 million shares of Michael Kors in the fourth quarter, which had a market value of $35.2 million as of Dec. 31. Share Price Performance: Since the IPO, shares of Michael Kors are up a whopping 80%. Since the beginning of the year, the stock has climbed almost 60%, likely making this position a big winner for Cohen and SAC Capital.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV