5. Carter's (CRI)
Company Profile: Carter's is the producer and marketer of infant and children's apparel in the U.S. Its brands include Carter's and OshKosh.SAC Capital's Investment: Cohen's fund bought 792,000 shares of Carter's in the fourth quarter, which had a market value of $31.5 million as of Dec. 31. Share Price Performance: Carter's had a booming 2011, with shares surging more than 30% over the 12-month time period. The stock has continued its winning ways in 2012, rising another 8.4%.
4. Charter Communications (CHTR) Company Profile: Based in Missouri, Charter is the fourth largest cable network operator in the U.S. SAC Capital's Investment: Cohen's fund bought 555,000 shares of Charter in the fourth quarter, which had a market value of $31.6 million as of Dec. 31. Share Price Performance: Charter was a huge winner in 2011, rallying almost 50%. Already this year, shares are up another 8%. The rebound is stunning considering Charter emerged from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection at the end of 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV