9. MDC Holdings (MDC)
Company Profile: MDC Holdings is one of the largest regional homebuilders in the U.S.SAC Capital's Investment: Cohen's fund bought 885,000 shares of the homebuilder in the fourth quarter, which had a market value of $15.6 million as of Dec. 31. Share Price Performance: Like most homebuilders searching for a bottom, MDC shares were trampled in 2011, dropping nearly 40%. However, since Dec. 31, shares of MDC have rallied 50%.
8. Dunkin' Brands (DNKN) Company Profile: Dunkin' Brands is the franchisor of Dunkin' Donuts and Baskin-Robbins restaurants across the U.S. The company held its IPO in July. SAC Capital's Investment: Cohen's fund bought 738,000 shares of Dunkin' in the fourth quarter, which had a market value of $18.5 million as of Dec. 31. Share Price Performance: Since the Dunkin' IPO, shares are up 3%. After dropping sharply in November and December, shares have rebounded nearly 15% in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV