NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Friday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Thursday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Schlumberger (SLB), Macerich (MAC) and Maxim Integrated (MXIM).
Each of the stocks gets a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
See the complete Dividend Calendar.
SchlumbergerThe oilfield services company, reported last month fourth-quarter earnings of $1.4 billion, or $1.05 a share, up from year-ago earnings of $1 billion, or 76 cents. "With pricing on new large contracts and on placements of equipment on new offshore rigs still very competitive, we are reducing our forecast of margin expansion outside North America 19.4% for 2012, up from 18.2% for 2011 with much of the improvement coming from Libya and from the mix toward more offshore and exploration work," Miller Tabak analysts wrote in a Jan. 23 report. Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 1.4% Rated "B (Buy)" by TheStreet Ratings: The company's fourth-quarter gross profit margin was basically the same from a year ago. Schlumberger has average liquidity. Its Quick Ratio is 1.36, which shows that the company can technically meet its short-term cash needs. In the fourth quarter, stockholders' net worth was about the same as the prior year. TheStreet Ratings' price target is $90.83. The stock closed Wednesday at $77.36 and has risen 13.25% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV