Medgenics, Inc. (NYSE Amex: MDGN and AIM: MEDU, MEDG) (the “Company”), the developer of a novel technology for the sustained production and delivery of therapeutic proteins in patients using their own tissue, today announced that Andrew L. Pearlman, Ph.D., President and Chief Executive Officer of Medgenics, will present to investors as part of the LHA Life Sciences & Medical Technologies Virtual Conference on Thursday, February 16, 2012, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern time.
The webcast of the Medgenics presentation will be accessible live and for 30 days at www.medgenics.com or at the PrecisionIR event site at http://www.investorcalendar.com/IC/CEPage.asp?ID=167330.
This virtual conference event includes 30-minute presentations with accompanying slides from eight industry leaders, and begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern time.
About MedgenicsMedgenics is developing and commercializing Biopump™, a proprietary tissue-based platform technology for the sustained production and delivery of therapeutic proteins using the patient's own skin biopsy for the treatment of a range of chronic diseases including anemia, hepatitis C and hemophilia. Medgenics believes this approach has multiple benefits compared with current treatments, which include regular and costly injections of therapeutic proteins. Medgenics has three long-acting protein therapy products in development based on this technology:
- EPODURE (now completing a Phase I/II dose-ranging trial) to produce and deliver erythropoietin for many months from a single administration, has demonstrated elevation and stabilization of hemoglobin levels in anemic patients for six to more than 36 months;
- INFRADURE (planning to commence a Phase I/II trial in Israel in 1H12 in hepatitis C) to produce a sustained therapeutic dose of interferon-alpha for use in the treatment of hepatitis;
- HEMODURE is a sustained Factor VIII therapy for the prophylactic treatment of hemophilia, now in development.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV