NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Shares of these companies were upgraded to buy at TheStreet Ratings on Wednesday: Charles River Laboratories (CRL), Cameco (CCJ), Silvercorp Metals (SVM), Aecom Technology (ACM), Tempur-Pedic (TPX) and FLIR Systems (FLIR).
Charles River Laboratories
The research company reported on Monday fourth-quarter earnings of $27.1 million, or 55 cents a share, a swing from a year-earlier loss of $342.4 million, or $5.94 a share.
"Our checks indicate more closures of pharma GLP Tox facilities are on the horizon. These should signal higher demand for outsourced services," Jefferies analysts wrote in a report Tuesday. "However, that has been the story for 3 years now. Low pricing still signals excess. Perhaps pharma is finally shuttering these labs after prolonged and unsuccessful attempts to sell them to CROs."Shares of Charles River Laboratories were upgraded to buy from hold by TheStreet Ratings. "The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, notable return on equity and expanding profit margins," TheStreet Ratings wrote. "We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself." Charles River Laboratories has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 11.93; the average for biotechnology companies is 28.35. For comparison, United Therapeutics (UTHR) has a lower forward P/E of 6.31 and Techne's (TECH) forward P/E is 20.16. Of the 18 analysts who cover Charles River Laboratories, 14 rated the company a hold. Three analysts gave it a buy rating and one gave it a sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Charles River Laboratories a B grade with a $39.15 price target. The stock closed Tuesday at $35.23 and has risen 28.91% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV