Boston Scientific (BSX)
Company Profile: Boston Scientific is a maker of medical devices like stents and other specialty products used in cardiology and oncology.Tepper's Investment: Appaloosa bought 7.8 million shares of Boston Scientific in the fourth quarter, a stake that carried a market value of $41.6 million as of Dec. 31. Overall, the position represents 5.4% of Tepper's disclosed portfolio, making it his fifth largest position. Share Price Performance: Boston Scientific, whose shares plunged 30% in 2011, is a true value stock pick for Tepper. The stock has rallied more than 10% since Dec. 31. >>To see these stocks in action, visit the 6 Stocks Purchased by Billionaire David Tepper portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV