Financial Select Sector SPDR (XLF)
Company Profile: The ETF corresponds to the Financial Select Sector Index, which has exposure to banks, insurance companies, REITs, thrifts and other financial companies.Tepper's Investment: Although he sold out of his big bank positions, it seems as though Tepper can't completely quit financial stocks. Appaloosa bought 2.1 million shares of the ETF in the fourth quarter, a stake that carried a market value of nearly $28 million as of Dec. 31. Overall, the position represents 3.6% of Tepper's disclosed portfolio. Share Price Performance: The ETF was crushed in 2011 as most bank stocks were hit hard, falling more than 18%. However, the ETF has climbed 12% already in 2012 as several financial stocks have recovered. The ETF is Tepper's seventh largest position among his disclosed holdings as of Dec. 31.
Oracle (ORCL) Company Profile: Oracle is the third-largest software company in the world, developing database management tools for clients. Tepper's Investment: Appaloosa bought 1.2 million shares of Oracle in the fourth quarter, a stake that carried a market value of $31.2 million as of Dec. 31. Overall, the position represents 4% of Tepper's disclosed portfolio, making it his sixth largest position. Share Price Performance: Oracle shares sank more than 18% last year, but the stock has rallied more than 10% since Dec. 31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV