Company Profile: Apple is the maker of hot consumer electronic devices like the iPad, iPhone and Mac line of computers.Tepper's Investment: Appaloosa added to its Apple stake in the fourth quarter, buying up more than 143,000 shares. The position held a market value of $73.6 million as of Dec. 31. Overall, the position represents 9.6% of Tepper's disclosed portfolio, making it his third largest holding. Share Price Performance: Apple shares have gone parabolic, recently passing the psychologically important $500 share price level. After rallying more than 24% in 2011, Apple shares are up another 25% in 2012.
Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Company Profile: Delphi is the world's largest supplier of auto parts. After a Chapter 11 bankruptcy filing, Delphi went public again in November. Tepper's Investment: Appaloosa initiated a new position in Delphi during the quarter, buying 229,000 shares. The stake carried a market value of $4.9 million as of Dec. 31. Overall, the position represents less than 1% of Tepper's disclosed portfolio. Share Price Performance: Since the IPO, Delphi shares are up 36%, likely making the pick a winner for Tepper. The stock is up 35% since Dec. 31.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV