- Operating net income was $3.2 million, or $0.14 per diluted share, for the quarter, compared to $8.7 million, or $0.38 per diluted share, for the fourth quarter of 2010. For the year, operating net income was $17.1 million, or $0.76 per diluted share, versus $20.2 million, or $0.90 per diluted share, for 2010.
- Excluding the financial impact of gains recognized by JMP Credit Corporation on the sale or payoff of loans initially acquired in April 2009, adjusted operating net income was $0.14 per share and $0.56 per share for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2011, respectively, compared to $0.19 per share and $0.39 per share for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2010, respectively. For more information on operating net income and adjusted operating net income, on a consolidated and a segment basis, including a reconciliation to net income, please see the section below titled “Non-GAAP Financial Measures.”
- The net loss attributable to JMP Group under generally accepted accounting principles, or GAAP, was $5.9 million, or $0.26 per share, for the quarter, compared to net income of $3.9 million, or $0.17 per share, for the fourth quarter of 2010. For the year, the net loss was $2.5 million, or $0.11 per share, versus net income of $9.6 million, or $0.43 per share, for 2010.
- Adjusted net revenues, which exclude certain non-cash items and noncontrolling interests, were $25.7 million for the quarter, compared to $46.6 million for the fourth quarter of 2010. For the year, adjusted net revenues were $135.3 million, versus $152.5 million for 2010. Further excluding net gains on the sale or payoff of acquired loans, adjusted net revenues would have been $122.2 million for 2011, up 6.9% from $114.3 million for 2010. For more information on adjusted net revenues, including a reconciliation to net revenues, please see the section below titled “Non-GAAP Financial Measures.”
- Total net revenues on a GAAP basis were $19.6 million for the quarter, compared to $44.0 million for the fourth quarter of 2010. For the year, total net revenues were $111.4 million, versus $144.7 million for 2010.
JMP Group Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2011 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.