ORLANDO, Fla. and SUNNYVALE, Calif., Feb. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Commtouch® (NASDAQ: CTCH) today announced the availability of its Outbound Spam Protection as a fully integrated module within Parallels Plesk Panel. The announcement was made in Orlando during Parallels Summit 2012, an event that attracts a global audience of over 1,200 leading participants from across the cloud and hosting industry.
The outbound spam problem differs significantly from that of inbound spam, and Commtouch has therefore developed a distinctive approach to protect Parallels hosting provider partners against this rapidly growing threat. Blacklisting, caused by outbound spam, malware and phishing emails, can result in customer loss, damage to hosting providers' reputation and brand and increased operational costs. Commtouch's Outbound Spam Protection module integrates with the Parallels Plesk Panel email server to provide a range of functions, including:
- Blocking of local and global outbound spam to dramatically reduce blacklisting incidents.
- Immediate identification of the spammer, enabling appropriate management of the source of the problem, rather than just the symptoms. Hosters can also proactively reach out to infected customers.
- Delivery of sent-spam metrics to anti-abuse teams.
- Comprehensive reporting tools that allow administrators to view the quality of SMTP traffic at a glance.
"Too rigid blacklisting of email can degrade customer satisfaction and severely impact a hoster's ability to operate profitably," said John Zanni, Parallels VP of Service Provider Marketing and Alliances. "We're pleased to see Commtouch joining the Parallels ecosystem of APS-certified applications to help service providers better manage email."The Outbound Spam Protection solution implements the same patented Recurrent Pattern Detection ™ (RPD) technology used in Commtouch's GlobalView ™ Cloud to analyze local hosting provider traffic, detecting outbound spam within seconds -- with almost no false positives. Designed specifically to combat outbound spam, Commtouch's solution overcomes the limitations of other options, such as rate-limiting and reversed inbound spam filters, which result in blocked email, false positives and lost employee productivity. "Commtouch's Outbound Spam Protection has proven highly effective in detecting outbound spam and spammers -- even those that consistently eluded hosting providers," said Amir Lev, Commtouch's chief technology officer. "Integration of our solution into Parallels Plesk Panel allows hosting providers of all sizes to easily add the same best-of-breed functionality that is already installed in the networks of hosters such as Superb and Hostway." The Commtouch Outbound Spam Protection solution is currently available in Parallels Key Administrator licensing system for its partners. Parallels' partners can contact sales managers for more information. As part of the launch, Commtouch and Parallels will be providing a free one-month trial of the solution. Commtouch's team will be available at Parallels Summit 2012 from February 14-16 in Orlando, Florida, to discuss its technologies and to issue promotional service deals to interested hosting providers. More Information To learn more about Commtouch's Outbound Spam Protection solution, visit http://www.commtouch.com/outbound-spam-protection About CommtouchCommtouch® (NASDAQ: CTCH) safeguards the world's leading security companies and service providers with cloud-based Internet security services. Real-time threat intelligence from Commtouch's GlobalView™ Cloud powers its Web filtering, email security and antivirus solutions, protecting thousands of organizations and hundreds of millions of users worldwide. Information about Commtouch can be found at http://www.commtouch.com or by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Twitter: @Commtouch
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/commtouch
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/commtouch
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV