Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ:PACB), provider of Single Molecule Real Time (SMRT ®) sequencing products, today announced the first PacBio ® RS compatible products available through its Partner Program. These solutions complement and enhance key aspects of the PacBio RS sequencing workflow, providing customers with integrated workflows from sample preparation to analysis.
The PacBio RS is a revolutionary DNA sequencing system that reveals new biological insights by incorporating novel, single molecule sequencing techniques, advanced analytics, and long read lengths. The following products are now fully compatible with the PacBio RS data and workflow to provide whole product solutions for de novo whole genome assembly and targeted sequencing.
For shearing of genomic DNA:
- g-TUBE™ from Covaris, a single-use consumable that enables scientists to shear genomic DNA into selected fragment sizes ranging from 6kb to 20kb. Up to 24 samples can be processed in several minutes and the fragments can go directly into the SMRTbell™ template preparation process.
For target enrichment:
- Access Array™ System from Fluidigm, a target enrichment platform designed for resequencing selected regions of a genome. When combined with PacBio barcodes, the system can generate 48 amplicons for each of 48 samples and go directly into the SMRTbell template preparation process.
- SureSelect™ Target Enrichment System from Agilent Technologies improves the cost and process efficiency of the sequencing workflow. The system has demonstrated the ability to capture targeted fragments up to 2kb in length that are ready for SMRTbell template preparation.
- BG7 Bacterial Genome Annotation Service from Era7 Bioinformatics for gene and RNA prediction from PacBio de novo assemblies.
- Exemplar LIMS from Sapio Sciences has pre-loaded PacBio protocols and offers a workflow-driven architecture and plugin framework for automating sample preparation through sequencing and analysis.
- The GenoLogics LIMS provides preconfigured workflows for many genomics platforms including the PacBio RS. It provides the end-to-end sample traceability that genomics labs require to ensure the quality and integrity of their results.
- CLC Genomics Workbench and CLC Genomics Server from CLC bio can take alignments from the PacBio RS to call SNPs and perform tertiary analysis, giving scientists an easy way to do functional classification and filtering of SNPs and other genomic variations using multiple data sources.
- Partek ® Flow™, with an intuitive user interface designed with the biologist and informaticist in mind, provides increased quality control, powerful statistics for variant detection and copy number analysis, as well as dynamic visualizations for informative views of data and biomarker identification of aligned PacBio reads.
- SeqMan ® NGen ® from DNASTAR, Inc., sequence assembly software that can perform reference-based alignment of PacBio data and call SNPs quickly and accurately on a desktop computer. SeqMan NGen also easily integrates PacBio data with data from other sequencing platforms for integrated sequence assembly projects, if desired.
- SNP & Variation Suite 7 (SVS) from Golden Helix, an integrated collection of user-friendly, yet powerful tools for variant classification, bioinformatic filtering, functional annotation, visualization, and statistical analysis for quickly uncovering statistically significant genotype/phenotype associations or causal variants from PacBio variant calls.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV