Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. (NASDAQ:PACB), provider of Single Molecule Real Time (SMRT
) sequencing products, today announced the first PacBio
compatible products available through its Partner Program. These solutions complement and enhance key aspects of the PacBio
sequencing workflow, providing customers with integrated workflows from sample preparation to analysis.
is a revolutionary DNA sequencing system that reveals new biological insights by incorporating novel, single molecule sequencing techniques, advanced analytics, and long read lengths. The following products are now fully compatible with the PacBio
data and workflow to provide whole product solutions for
whole genome assembly and targeted sequencing.
For shearing of genomic DNA:
- g-TUBE™ from Covaris, a single-use consumable that enables scientists to shear genomic DNA into selected fragment sizes ranging from 6kb to 20kb. Up to 24 samples can be processed in several minutes and the fragments can go directly into the SMRTbell™ template preparation process.
For target enrichment:
- Access Array™ System from Fluidigm, a target enrichment platform designed for resequencing selected regions of a genome. When combined with PacBio barcodes, the system can generate 48 amplicons for each of 48 samples and go directly into the SMRTbell template preparation process.
- SureSelect™ Target Enrichment System from Agilent Technologies improves the cost and process efficiency of the sequencing workflow. The system has demonstrated the ability to capture targeted fragments up to 2kb in length that are ready for SMRTbell template preparation.
- BG7 Bacterial Genome Annotation Service from Era7 Bioinformatics for gene and RNA prediction from PacBio de novo assemblies.
- Exemplar LIMS from Sapio Sciences has pre-loaded PacBio protocols and offers a workflow-driven architecture and plugin framework for automating sample preparation through sequencing and analysis.
- The GenoLogics LIMS provides preconfigured workflows for many genomics platforms including the PacBio RS. It provides the end-to-end sample traceability that genomics labs require to ensure the quality and integrity of their results.
- CLC Genomics Workbench and CLC Genomics Server from CLC bio can take alignments from the PacBio RS to call SNPs and perform tertiary analysis, giving scientists an easy way to do functional classification and filtering of SNPs and other genomic variations using multiple data sources.
- Partek ® Flow™, with an intuitive user interface designed with the biologist and informaticist in mind, provides increased quality control, powerful statistics for variant detection and copy number analysis, as well as dynamic visualizations for informative views of data and biomarker identification of aligned PacBio reads.
- SeqMan ® NGen ® from DNASTAR, Inc., sequence assembly software that can perform reference-based alignment of PacBio data and call SNPs quickly and accurately on a desktop computer. SeqMan NGen also easily integrates PacBio data with data from other sequencing platforms for integrated sequence assembly projects, if desired.
- SNP & Variation Suite 7 (SVS) from Golden Helix, an integrated collection of user-friendly, yet powerful tools for variant classification, bioinformatic filtering, functional annotation, visualization, and statistical analysis for quickly uncovering statistically significant genotype/phenotype associations or causal variants from PacBio variant calls.
For more information about these products, please visit the Pacific Biosciences Partner Products website at
The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute is among the PacBio customers who have experience using a product developed out of the Partner Program. “We have been using the g-TUBES from Covaris to prepare libraries for use on the PacBio
,” said Paul Coupland, Project Manager, PacBio Instrument Development Project at the Sanger Institute. “We found that they speed up the library preparation step.”
Michael Glynn, Chief Commercial Officer for Pacific Biosciences, commented: “We are delighted with the progress we’ve made working with these companies since we launched our Partner Program. The products that are resulting from these collaborations further support our customers to perform key applications on the PacBio
such as targeted sequencing and
whole genome assembly, and advance our goal of providing whole product solutions.”
Pacific Biosciences partners, customers and scientists will be presenting data generated with the PacBio
and some of these co-developed solutions at this week’s Advances in Genome Biology & Technology (AGBT) conference in Marco Island, Fla. For more information please visit:
About Pacific Biosciences
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the design, development and commercialization of innovative tools for biological research. The company has developed a novel approach to studying the synthesis and regulation of DNA, RNA and proteins. Combining recent advances in nanofabrication, biochemistry, molecular biology, surface chemistry and optics, Pacific Biosciences has created a powerful technology platform called single molecule, real-time, or SMRT
, technology. SMRT technology enables real-time analysis of biomolecules with single molecule resolution, which has the potential to transform the understanding of biological systems by providing a window into these systems that has not previously been open for scientific study.
For more information about Pacific Biosciences, please visit
. You can also follow the company on Twitter:
This press release contains forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements may contain words such as "believe," "may," "estimate," "anticipate," "continue," "intend," "expect," "plan," the negative of these terms, or other similar expressions, and include the assumptions that underlie such statements. Such statements include, but are not limited to, statements regarding the Company’s SMRT technology. These statements are subject to known and unknown risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such statements, including but not limited to risks discussed from time to time in documents Pacific Biosciences of California, Inc. has filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including the risks identified under the section captioned "Risk Factors" in its most recently filed Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q. All forward-looking statements are based on estimates, projections and assumptions as of the date hereof. Pacific Biosciences undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements.