PARIS, HOPKINTON, Mass and PALO ALTO, Calif., Feb. 15, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Webcast today at 15.00 (CET) with Thierry Breton Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Atos and Joe Tucci, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at EMC Register here
Atos, EMC Corporation and VMware announced today a strategic alliance for open cloud computing. Additionally, Atos plans to create a new company, Canopy, providing a wide range of cloud solutions and services designed to speed the delivery and help customers quickly take advantage of the benefits of cloud computing. Based on best-of-breed technology from global cloud computing industry leaders EMC and VMware, the new offerings will include an open cloud platform that enables customers to easily and flexibly choose, access and deploy cloud-based services for their enterprise IT needs.
Canopy will provide a market-leading one-stop shop for cloud services, enabling organizations to easily, securely and cost effectively accelerate their move to the cloud. As part of the strategic alliance and in addition to providing the advanced technologies upon which the new Atos cloud solutions and services will be delivered, EMC and VMware also intend to invest alongside Atos to help drive innovation and the successful adoption of Canopy's solutions in the marketplace.Thierry Breton , Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Atos, said: "Today's enterprises and governments face in parallel massive pressures on IT costs, growing user expectations for agility, user-friendliness, and innovation. Cloud Computing is radically changing the world of IT by meeting these needs. The launch of Canopy and its unique set of enterprise-grade services will ensure that Atos is well positioned to play a leading role in this new and growing market. The value of today's strategic alliance is very promising for our customers as Canopy has been designed to leverage the capabilities of Atos, EMC and VMware technologies so as to offer our clients the best one-stop-shop cloud services. Canopy will in particular closely work with its private and public sector customers to guarantee that its cloud solutions and operations will provide the highest level of integrity, reliability and security." Joe Tucci, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, EMC said "Cloud computing is altering forever the way in which IT is designed and consumed across data centers, applications and end user access points. EMC looks forward to working even more closely with Atos, accelerating this shared vision and making the benefits of cloud computing a reality for enterprise customers in key targeted industries." Paul Maritz , Chief Executive Officer, VMware said: "Cloud computing represents a significant shift in how customers consume and manage IT resources, but they are asking for the benefits of the cloud on their terms, with the ability for managed services to be delivered on or off premise. We're pleased to be working with Atos and EMC to deliver cloud solutions in this fashion – simplifying and automating IT services to help customers not only reduce costs, but also transform IT into a strategic asset that yields business and competitive value." The new strategic cloud offerings will be based on open standards so clients can always choose their preferred technology, whether to run the solution off- or on-premise and how to mix private, public and hybrid cloud solutions to best meet their business needs. They will be targeted at selected vertical markets and include:
- An Enterprise Application Store – powered by EMC and VMware technologies- will enable clients anywhere in the world to choose, access and download applications they require under the Software as a Service (SaaS) model. The store will include horizontal (cross-industries) and industry-specific business applications.
- An Enterprise Platform as a Service (PaaS) – powered by EMC and VMware technologies, and managed by Atos, will provide a secure enterprise Java development environment, incorporating a standard development framework where Canopy and its clients can design, create and test new cloud applications.
- A Private Cloud – powered by EMC and VMware technologies – will provide clients with a pre-configured, standardized, enterprise-grade cloud stack for on-premise and off-premise deployments, enabling clients to speed up their cloud readiness.
- Cloud strategy & transformation Journey Design – these consulting services will range from building customized cloud strategy to shaping a cloud transformation journey so that customers can grasp the benefits while moving to the cloud securely and at the speed that is right for them.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV