BOSTON (TheStreet) -- The contraction in eurozone economic activity leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Wednesday, Feb. 15.
Wednesday's 5 Biggest Stories
Eurozone GDP fell 0.3% in the fourth quarter after growing only 0.1% in the third quarter. [MarketWatch]
Here we go again: EU finance ministers call off an emergency meeting over Greece's second bailout. [First Post]
Recession? Greek default? Who cares? China is coming to rescue, pledging to invest in Europe's bailout fund. [Bloomberg]Oh boy. A Goldman Sachs (GS) analyst based in Taiwan is being probed for dishing out inside information to hedge funds. [WSJ] Regulators pull the plug on LightSquared, a nationwide high-speed wireless network backed by hedge fund manager Phil Falcone. [Washington Post]
Company NewsThe new Yahoo! (YHOO) looks a lot like the old Yahoo!, with talks between the company and Alibaba Group falling apart. [Reuters] Zynga (ZNGA) posts a loss in its first quarterly report as a public company and the social gaming company also offers a tepid forecast. [LA TImes] It appears Amazon.com (AMZN) doesn't have as many Prime members as previously thought. [Bloomberg]
MarketsHere's how Apple (AAPL) is clouding the rest of the market, and why analysts are pulling Apple from their broader market forecasts. [WSJ]
Investment StrategyThe best and the worst of the small-cap growth funds. [MarketWatch]
Odds and EndsRupert Murdoch's nemesis is a woman who was only 13 years old when she sang at his wedding in 1999. [Bloomberg] Happy Wednesday. Here's a song by Roxy Music to relax to as we're halfway through this week on our way to a holiday weekend. [YouTube] -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV