Southern National Bancorp Of Virginia Inc Stock Upgraded (SONA)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 7.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Commercial Banks industry. The net income increased by 200.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.37 million to $1.38 million.
- The gross profit margin for SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP VA is rather high; currently it is at 64.90%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SONA's net profit margin of 15.40% significantly trails the industry average.
- SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP VA reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP VA increased its bottom line by earning $0.44 versus $0.17 in the prior year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Commercial Banks industry and the overall market, SOUTHERN NATIONAL BANCORP VA's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts