Cutera Inc. Stock Upgraded (CUTR)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 21.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CUTR has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 5.52, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for CUTERA INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.40%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of -4.80% is in-line with the industry average.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, CUTERA INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- CUTR has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 12.53% from its price level of one year ago. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.