Mitt Romney Opts for Battle on Two Fronts
Romney rolled to a 14.5-percentage-point victory in Florida and left Gingrich's campaign strapped for cash, yet only a week ago the former governor was criticizing the former House speaker.
"Speaker Gingrich and Senator Santorum have over half a century's worth of time in Washington between them. They can't fix our country's spending problem because they helped create it," Andrea Saul, a Romney spokeswoman, said last Wednesday in a statement.
The comment came a day after Santorum swept Romney in three state primary races where Gingrich garnered low numbers. Romney's camp has likely crippled the former speaker's campaign, but there's always the worry that Santorum and Obama will pick up the private equity storyline and use it in different or similar ways against Romney. No matter how hard he tries to disregard that past, Romney's opponents will likely use his business record against him.
Santorum is the latest challenger to question Romney's commitment to conservatism. The former senator
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV